Part of the Experience! Faith Formation Curriculum for Adults from Wood Lake Books
This small group, adult theological re-education curriculum was inspired by Marcus Borg’s Reading the Bible Again for the First Time.
This curriculum (the first in the series) includes:
- 1 leader’s guide (160 pages)
- 12 participant handbooks
- 10 posters integrated into the session materials
- 1 source book: Reading the Bible Again for the First Time by Marcus Borg
- 1 DVD featuring new video clips of Marcus Borg
- Extra particpant booklets can be ordered in sets of 6
This curriculum, designed for group use, is experiential in methodology, valuing the wisdom of each person and the integrity of their experience of the Sacred. The program has grown out of a hunger to know and engage the Bible at deeper levels as evidenced by the popularity of Borg’s original work, Reading the Bible Again for the First Time.
Experiencing the Bible for the First Time by Tim Scorer is a perfect partner for Reading the Bible Again for the First Time, by Marcus Borg. This study provokes inquiry, welcomes questions, engages the imagination and encourages listening for and discovering the word in the other. Engaging the three centres of learning, head, heart, and gut, participants encounter and engage the biblical story and tradition and make meaning in their own lives toward transformation. This resource will enhance spiritual formation, and birth new energy, ideas and possibilities.
– Susan Burt, Coordinating Editor of Seasons of the Spirit.